Free email with automatic encryption, virus scanning and spam filtering - sign up for Hushmail today!

Monday, September 8, 2008

The Dust Settles... Finally

Finally, we got everything done - we moved to the new house, changed our mailing address, got rid of the junk my mom loves to keep, and kept the stuff we really need. Like my Playboys xD just kiddin.

We were actually very lucky to get this house, because we couldn't find an apartment to live in for the time being, and time itself was winding down. My mom talked to one of her friends, who was a real estate agent (go figure -.-), and it turns out she knew my friend's brother had a house that he was renting out. I had no idea, but he's rented it out to the Thai foreign exchange students when they were here, and I guess he decided to keep at it. It's weird since he still lives with his mom xD. Smart guy.

So we talked to him and he agreed to let us stay here in this halfway renovated house. There's no carpet, the heater is messed up, and the landscape design is horrible. Not to mention there's no ramp on the driveway like the other houses, so it's like runnin over a curb when I pull up. But the work he has done to it is really nice though. I like the paint job and the living room renovations. He put in one of those skylight type things on the ceiling where you install the t.v to the wall, looks real nice. Well, it's not a skylight, but it's one of those overhead lights... you know what I mean.

He also kept the furnishings he had before we moved in, which is good, because my bed before was just a mattress with no spring board or bed frame, that's why I usually slept on the couch xD. But now I got a real bed to sleep in. One of those full sets with the drawers on the bottom. HELL YEAH! We also got two more beds and a futon, which I've never used before. Only problem is we have so much stuff that my mom kept over the years that we have no place to put it. So it's still kind of cluttered here. I gotta try to convince her to let some of this stuff go!

But it's refreshing though, to live in a house, and not an apartment. We actually have a front/backyard now, and it's got 4 bedrooms and 1 1/2 bathrooms with a dining room and a laundry room. The works. Soon I'm going to start on the landscaping job, and hopefully he'll knock some of that off from our payments. It's gonna be a huge project.

Even though I don't own this house, it still feels like home sweet home! Still can't wait to move out and get my own place though.

2 comments:

Unknown

I would like to help you take your blog to the next level

http://www.websketchz.com

Anonymous

There is nothing to say ..... Bravo

---------------------------------
http://www.eliminatesweating.com/

Get secure managed email for your own domain with Hushmail Business!

Blogger template 'OrangeDoor' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008