Free email with automatic encryption, virus scanning and spam filtering - sign up for Hushmail today!

Monday, June 16, 2008

Finding A New Web Browser: It's Easier Said Then Done

Now, I'm not an expert in this subject. But I do use a computer (obviously xD), and right now I'm looking for a browser that's faster than my current one. I'm currently using IE7 (Internet Explorer 7). It's alot nicer than the previous version, with it's tabbed browsing and newer icons, but it still has some problems. Plus I hear IE7 has alot of security issues, which is probably why it's updated with like a bunch of programs at once!

I was checkin out Firefox, and alot of people say it's better than IE7. Some say IE7 is better than Firefox. I asked, "What's the difference?"

Well, they pretty much have the same features. Both have tabbed browsing, the RSS feeds button thang, and some add-ons if you feel you need it. Only with Firefox, people are saying its alot safer when browsing the internet.

I was just about to download Firefox when I thought I'd do more research. People say you can use both browsers without problems. I was a little skeptical. So I Googled up the question, "Can I use Firefox and IE7 both?", and got some answers. Unfortunately, it wasn't a good answer.

It was an old post, but it's about security issues that can be found when using both browsers. Because it was published about a year ago, I'm not sure if the problem has been fixed or not. It says basically that they both work fine as stand-alone products, but not together. I want to use Firefox, but I might need IE7 or the Windows Updates. Eh, I dunno... I might just go to Safari...

Here is the site you can go to for the news post: http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-9741435-7.html

1 comments:

Anonymous

Hey my friend uses windows XP or whatever it is and him and alot of other ppl have recommended opera and commented on how much faster it is. I dont use opera because it seems to have the opposite affect with vista (which i use) man vista this vista that i couldnt finish on it but apparently so much more is let thru to ur computer if u use IE instead of Mozilla. Mozilla iz safer but it gets up my az. check out opera if its no good just ditch it.

Get secure managed email for your own domain with Hushmail Business!

Blogger template 'OrangeDoor' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008