Free email with automatic encryption, virus scanning and spam filtering - sign up for Hushmail today!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Template problems

For bloggers, templates are what makes blogs stand out from one another. Unique colors, designs, and the content itself gives the blog real value to the reader, and also to the author as well.

If you don't know much about HTML (like me), you might be a little picky about the template you choose. Even if you find the one you like, it might not work as well with Blogger as you hoped it would. Like when I placed that pic up there above my header; at first the text kind of ran into each other and made it look messy. I had to edit out the caption for my header pic to solve the problem. No biggie.

On the other hand, my other blog has a special feature that makes it unique to most templates. Called the Neo Template (developed by Ramani, of Hackosphere.blogspot.com), this uses some kind of AJAX coding (I think) to enable the user to view recent posts without loading, which makes it convenient for the reader.

Well, I was updating the blog, and I re-organized some of the page elements to make the "Recent Post" even with the post. When I checked it out...the links were missing! I can't change the post!

I'm trying to fix it right now, but I have almost ZERO knowledge of HTML. I'm about to e-mail Ramani about it, and hopefully he can fix it or give me tips. Hopefully.

If there are any readers out there that know what I'm talking about, and maybe you know how to fix this problem, please... leave a comment! Any advice is more than welcome at this point!

For a blog that's supposed to inform my readers, I'm pretty clueless right now xD!

0 comments:

Get secure managed email for your own domain with Hushmail Business!

Blogger template 'OrangeDoor' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008