Free email with automatic encryption, virus scanning and spam filtering - sign up for Hushmail today!

Friday, July 11, 2008

Firefox 3 vs. Internet Explorer 7 vs. Opera 9.51

Here are the notes I made while browsing with Opera:

"First impression of Opera... this is fast! It looks different! It's like a tricked out version of IE7, but faster! Not to mention the added features! Very impressed and looking forward to learning more about it! Also, there's this thing to the right of the address bar that's sort of like a progress meter. No other browser has this!

Hmm, let's see how it works with Blogger... ran into problems with both Firefox 3 and IE7. Uh oh, problem found. Went to check my email and there was a problem with the shockwave plug-in. Opera just crashed. Firefox never crashed like this... also takes a LONG time to sign into Twitter. What's up with that? May be the server, cuz it lags pretty bad while I'm Twitting (that right?) on FF3. Hey! I noticed the scrolling action on Opera is way smoother than FF3, same as IE7. Lags a little bit with video's also. Checked out my Muscle Armor blog. FF3 for some reason won't display my video widget on the sidebar, IE7 takes too long to load, but Opera loads the site quicker and also displays my sidebar vid. I've just found out this shortkey to check my security. By hittin the alt+Enter, I can see if a website is safe or not. Should be useful. Ok, scratch what I said about the vids. I'm watching the vid on my site, and I notice the video doesn't lag when I scroll, unlike IE7. Not significant, but kewl. 

Alright, done with the review. Opera would really benefit anyone that has a computer (with internet).Also, I'm typing this note on Opera! Very useful for bloggers. A little laggy though. One last test...
"

To sum all that mess xD, here's Thaiger's review:

  • Opera is faster than FF and is safer than IE7
  • Smooth scrolling and quicker video uploads
  • Crashed earlier from a Shockwave plug-in... maybe this can be fixed? 
  • The look and feel of Opera is more organized and looks more visually appealing than FF (although you can download skins for FF, you can also download for Opera)

Blogging with Opera, I haven't ran into problems like I usually do with IE7 and FF. For Firefox, the problem is sort of the same with IE7 (bulletin problems, uploading vids, and the bold/italic buttons get messed up sometimes), but I haven't run into any problems with Opera as of yet. But this is only my first post using Opera. 

With IE7 out of the picture, which is best? FF or Opera? Hmm... tough call. Haven't downloaded anything with Opera yet, but with FF the downloads are quick, and the files are scanned before hand. So I would say keep FF for downloading apps and for casual browsing, and use Opera for watching vids and blogging, because the notes feature is invaluable for bloggers like me who don't plan on topics to write about xD!

1 comments:

Anonymous

arar told ya (june16/18) arar ar. i'll come play eo again after me n my boyf have slain these ppl who are grossing out my house

Get secure managed email for your own domain with Hushmail Business!

Blogger template 'OrangeDoor' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008