Free email with automatic encryption, virus scanning and spam filtering - sign up for Hushmail today!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Shake a Soda Too Much and It Will Explode

So I've just got back from the hospital. Had to stop by my mom's case worker's office to try to apply for a reconsideration, because her first application for disability was denied. I guess liver diseases and the possibility of her dying without a liver transplant doesn't concern them.

One of the case workers remarked that it might be because of the recession - and it makes more sense. If you get approved for disability, you get social security checks from the government. They give you money. And last I heard... we're about $9.5 trillion dollars in National Debt right now. So I guess the government is trying to cut their losses as much as possible. By denying what my mom needs most. Financial aid.

In a nutshell, my mom has a liver disease in which her liver is attacked by it's own antibodies. The doctor prescribed her some medicine for her, but one of the side effects it has is that she might be a diabetic. And now she is. So now she has to worry about her liver shuttin down, as well as her insulin levels from spiking up and down. SHE IS DISABLED. She cannot work because of this.

Her case worker already filed for a reconsideration, and recommended a conference to be held so the social security people can actually see she's not well. You can't really blame them though, as they are not doctors. But at the same time... they run into these types of cases on a daily basis. They should know that a liver disease is very dangerous to a person's health. C'mon, it took me 2 seconds to research all this crap on the internet and find out more about her diagnoses.

If we get that conference, I know we'll get approved. Because this problem is destroying my mom's life right now. Mine too. Check out the cumulative effects on the second segment of this post.

_______________________________________

In my older post, I mentioned that I'm gettin the boot from my apartment. They initially gave me till July 31 to return the keys. And guess what today is?

I went to the Century 21 office (this post can double for a review about these crime figures here -.-) when they told us (me and mom) about the notice. They said because we weren't making payments on time, and missed a couple (relates to the 1st segment in a way), that we had till the end of this month to return the keys and leave. Stay another day and we'll have to face penalties.
We had to sign the notice.

But then next week, they send another notice telling us that our lease is up at the end of August. But in this notice, we had another option. We actually could renew the lease. I'm not a real estate agent, with no knowledge of real estate affairs, so I try to renew the lease. I go in there and schedule an appointment with the director of the property (is that right?) and ask to renew the lease. He tells me that since we've made late payments, there are late-fees that have to be paid, as well as security for two month's rent (since we used it to pay for those two months we skipped), and the actual rent money. Total comes out to over $2.000 dollars. For a small ass apartment with one bathroom and no washer/dryer hookups. Our best option is obviously to move out and put Century 21 in the past. Except there's a little problem regarding the actual date our lease is up...

The director guy says that the property owner stated we had to move out by the end of this month. But my mom called the office and the lady there said it's actually the end of next month that we have to move, because the security deposit was used for July and August. So August's rent is paid. That makes more sense. But it's stated on our notice that we're to leave the apartment tomorrow. So I'm hoping that lady is right, but I'm still packin my stuff, and will finish by today (sike).

_________________________________________

So my next move is to pack all the stuff, rent a storage room and store most of the stuff there. We're probably gonna have to be light on our feet for the next couple of months. And for my mom, I'm gonna start writing all of her symptoms down on paper, as well as take a before and after picture, so the social security people can actually see the difference. I'll have to also talk to some of my mom's friends to see if we can room in with them until we get shit straightened out. Aw crap! What if she gets approved for disability, but we have to change our address? I hope she doesn't have to resubmit her application!! All this plus my own problems I have to deal with....

Oh yeah... and it's my birthday today.

0 comments:

Get secure managed email for your own domain with Hushmail Business!

Blogger template 'OrangeDoor' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008