Free email with automatic encryption, virus scanning and spam filtering - sign up for Hushmail today!

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ripple Effect of Gas Prices?

I heard from Fox News just now about airline tickets raising in price about %10. And earlier in the week, I hear about airlines trying to keep a tight schedule to arrive on time without delays. Maybe it's a strategy to balance out the rise in gas prices. That's what I think.



Gas is about $4.11 on average over here on my side of Florida. Last year, it would've been around $2.90. W-t-f? $10 back then would give me about a half tank, but now it's double in price for the same amount.



I know there are other problems out there that are caused by rising gas prices. I saw on Youtube this video about how real estate in metropolitan areas are higher than in rural areas. The guy's reason is because of gas prices. I also heard on the news about people stealing used vegetable oil to find an alternative to gas, which is theft on a small scale but it may be a growing problem.



Is this the ripple effect from rising gas prices? If, so, what does the future hold for our ecomony if our next president can't find a feasible solution?



*Sigh*, at times like these I wish I was a farmboy in rural Thailand...

0 comments:

Get secure managed email for your own domain with Hushmail Business!

Blogger template 'OrangeDoor' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008