Free email with automatic encryption, virus scanning and spam filtering - sign up for Hushmail today!

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Some Ideas to Gain Traffic

Everyone I know in the real world right now don't know about blogging. They go on the internet to check out Youtube vids and update their Myspace, or they might shop online occasionally. I like to surf around the internet, because it gives me something to do, and because there's a ton of info out there for me.

I also like to play online games, mostly because I don't have the available funds to buy a PS3 or an Xbox 360 (just yet). Two of the games I play online are Endless Online and Luminary: Rise of the Goonzu. Luminary is pretty fun, but the file is big (about 500+MB to download. You can check out Ijji.com for more info). Endless Online is a smaller download, and it has less lag.

I've been playing Endless Online (EO for short) for about seven months before I started blogging about it. I saw a couple other EO blogs out there, and I just said, "Hey, I wanna make my own!", so I did, without any prior knowledge on blogging. Well, not much you need to know about it. But the more you know, the better your blog will turn out.

Now, I get about 50 hits a day from my EO blog, which to me is good for a blog that's about three months old. At the end of the month, I might end up with about 1,000 hits. This is because I became known in the game a little bit before I started blogging (I think o_O).

So this is my idea for gaining traffic: if people know about you before you make a blog, then people would be more interested in what you blog about. If you have like thousands of friends on Myspace, and you make your blog, chances are alot of your friends will check it out. Like I said earlier, I played Endless Online for about seven months before I made my blog, and now I have alot of hits and unique visitors. On the other hand, this blog doesn't have many hits, because people don't know me, so they might not care what kind of content is found here. But it'll grow, eventually (I hope!)

If you have friends like mine, who don't really pay attention to blogs and online stuff, you might wanna find online friends. There are alot of ways to do this. Myspace, Youtube, and online games are a great place to start. And when it comes to online gaming, there are alot of them to choose from! Anything you want, from that popular card game you see on t.v (that I'm not allowed to mention), to multiplayer strategy war games. There's even an online game where you just create an avatar and you socialize with other people's avatars. A great way to gain traffic to your blog if you depend on traffic to earn you some extra gas money.

Of course, if you use this strategy to gain traffic, you have to be friendly!

0 comments:

Get secure managed email for your own domain with Hushmail Business!

Blogger template 'OrangeDoor' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008